Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hair

Gimme head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,Streaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there mama
Everywhere daddy daddy
Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

There are going to be a lot of posts about hair in the next few days. Why, you say? Cuz I'm starting to lose mine. It's day 12. I am apparently right on schedule. With this comes the obligatory hair cutting, wig wearing, first trip out, etc. etc. When you lose your hair, you lose ALL your hair. If you know what I mean. 'Nuff said. That part is actually kind of funny.

I'm doing well. It's amazing- the second week off the chemo is like night and day from the first. I don't have the yucky taste in my mouth, I'm not addicted to popsicles, but I still use my chemo as an excuse to eat like a pig. The past week has seen a fair amount of headaches and I'm getting those pesky mouth sores people talk about. My tongue feels like it's constantly burned. Ouch! I'm not overly tired, although this weekend I did help move furniture with Alan and I think I did a little too much. Alan has forbid me from moving anything else in the future. Fine by me- that's what movers are for.

Speaking of moving, we close on our house in 10 days. I guess having a mortgage will make me an adult. I don't really feel the need to be an adult. The closing and all it entails- lawyers, insurance, inspectors, yada yada yada- have kept us pretty busy. It also keeps my mind off the big C. Then again, some hair in my hand will remind me.



No comments: