Monday, August 13, 2007

Tag, you're it!!!

I’ve been tagged to participate in a meme … to share seven random facts about myself with all of you. I've seen it relate to breast cancer, but that's not my current mood, so these will be regarding just about anything....

1. When I was 18, I sold knives. Cutco, to be exact. I went into the homes of my parents' friends and cut pennies and leather. That job didn't last. But I still think Cutco knives are pretty damn great.

2. My first performing opportunity came in third grade, when i put on my jean skirt and my mother's patent leather heels and lip synched to "Let's Hear it for the Boy." The St. Thomas More talent show was never the same.

3. In high school, I was president of the National Honor Society. I was also on the math team, JETS and speeach team. I was not a huge nerd. I promise. I threw fantastic keggers.

4. Thanks to working on cruise ships, I've seen like 60 countries or so. My favorite place - Buenos Aires. Or Tahiti.

5. Sometimes, if I'm up too late after takng my Ambien (helps me sleep through hot flashes) I get a little "ambien drunk." It leads to conversations I don't remember, impulse online purchases and lots of laughs from my husband.

6. One day, I'd love to live on the water. I miss the ocean.

7. Okay, one breast cancer fact- my surgery scar is on the lower part of my breast, like 6 o'clock. It's a little half circle - leading my boob to look like a one-eyed smiley face.

Those are my facts … what are yours?

The rules:
If you are tagged, you need to start by posting 7 random facts about yourself on your blog. Then list these rules and tag 7 others people (figuratively, obviously). List their names on your blog with a link to get your readers there. Then comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged. Get i

I tag these survivors:


PJ

Cindy

Dave

Sami

Ruth

Janet

Dawn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can I get some Ambien? I need some new shoes! :)
-Jill

Anonymous said...

So, I'm not officially tagged, but I'm inspired by Courtney to share that my first performance was in Catholic Montessori school when I convinced Sr. Maria Letizia to allow my fourth grade English class to put on a production of LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS for the entire school. I cast myself as the dentist. Perhaps that should have been everyone's first clue to the whole lesbian thing.

PS. On the day of the show, they were so horrified by the content of the first act that they wouldn't let us perform the second and just made us narrate the remainder of the plot from a podium. Good Catholic fun.