Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's My Cancer and I'll Nap if I Want to

Nap if I want to,
Nap if I want to,
You would Nap too if it happened to you.

I've started taking naps sometimes. In fact, I just woke up from about a 3 hour one. St-reeee-ch! It started when I just came out of surgery- then I was crazy doped up. I still just get a little tired sometimes. But I've decided I will continue to take naps whenever I feel like it. Thankfully I have a job that makes this possible. See, I never used to take naps. I never had time. Instead, I had plenty of time to talk about how I didn't have time. I've decided to make time. Naps are dreamy. Tee hee! And I'm not going to feel guilty about it, either. Who's going to fault the girl with cancer for taking a little horizontal time? I consider this practice for chemo and all that jazz.

Too many times we keep ourselves from doing what we want because we don't have time. In reality, maybe if we took a little bit more time to take care of ourselves, maybe we'd be more productive, creative, patient- whatever. Maybe that's just me rationalizing my naps. Hey, I have cancer- find whatever rationalization works for you.

Other than that, I'm feeling better. My boob is still blue a bit from my surgery. The dye, not a bruise- the bruise is yellow actually. My arm is the problem. It's still very sore from the lymph node stuff. See, they sever a few nerves when they take out lymph nodes so I get a little tingling sometimes. It also hurts a bit and I have to do exercises. Other than that, I'm golden.

So it's 5pm. Maybe I should do something today.


Maybe not.

No comments: