Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy Effin Birthday!

So last night, as Alan and I were winding down our New Year's Day, we heard this tremendous noise. Like a bomb went off, or a jet engine flew by. The house rattled. Our very sleepy dogs all looked up. Alan and I opened the bedroom window and looked outside.



Nothing.


We looked at each other, shrugged and went to bed.

So this morning, I woke up - bright eyed and bushy tailed - it is, after all, my 31st birthday. Downstairs I went.


Man, it's fucking cold. Even for Atlanta. I go into my office to check my email, cuz, after all, I'm still not working - and


BAM!


That's the noise we heard last night. That's why the house was cold. Oh, wait... because a tree fell into my it. Apparently, trees are heavy and put holes in roofs, windows and air conditioning units.








Yes, that's my 2 a/c units. looking much like cups of coffee with cinnamon sticks coming out. Only it's $6000 of coffee.





Did I mention I'm still not working? Or that my dog Lucy has to have a $3000 knee surgery? Or than I'm not working? Or that unemployment SO DOES NOT cover these types of things?

Trying to be zen here. Trying to be zen.

When it rains, it pours. In this case, it rains branches and sticks. Happy Fucking Birthday.

No comments: